Saturday, September 23, 2006

Counseling in the cold dirt.

It was a cold rainy day, even in Kigali it felt chilly, armed with sweaters and jackets we went up the mounains. When we arrived at the house where we needed to do some counseling we realized there we no chairs to sit on. So Trav and Bosco decided to stay outside and talk under a tree with the man while Cyprien and I sat on the cold, muddy dirt floor with the lady of the house. In the middle of listening to the lady I realized my toes were frozen!! I even saw my own breath! I just got excited. I had not felt or been this cold for a long time. It was just two days ago that I wished for the rainy season to start . Here it is... cold and wet... Secretly I missed the changes of the seasons. Most of you reading this blog are in my favorite season; the fall. The millions of shades of yellows and reds, the crispy air early in the morning and the sound of the fallen leafs under my feet when stepping on them... I do miss that. But I had just a glimpse and flashback of my favorite season while counseling, sitting on that cold dirt floor.

Many of the children had a few layers of rags on, but they were visibly shaking of cold.
At Julienne's house Nani and Zoey checked up on the baby goats. The village children had a blast watching Nani chasing and catching the goats. Needless to say the girls were not any cleaner than the kids around them after playing with the dirty wet goats.

1 comment:

Eric & Kyla Sliger said...

Everyone is smiling to big!! Love it!