Saturday, July 08, 2006

Flat and Disfunctional


Rushing to get our family ready for our appointment we walked to the car only to find it leaning oddly to the right. Sure enough the right rear tire was flat. Thank God it didn't get flat while hours away from home...
Being frustrated, knowing we would definately be late now, I watched Trav start the process to get the tire changed and saw the irony of a flat tire representing our lifes, my life.

God had given me a calling for Africa (the appointment) when I was still a little girl. I desired to respond to it and make my way over there, but found myself greatly incapable of doing so. The Lord started this process of changing me, healing me, cleaning me out. A time consuming process, sometimes one where rusted nobs had to be tugged on and undone before placed back.
Then, just when I thought I was ready for it all and started to go (drive) I found out that my tire didn't have much air in it. Driving was possible but would hurt the tire in the long run. The process wasn't finished. It sound like my time in Kenya Africa. A time the Lord used to show me I was going on a new tire, but with too little air.
The years in the States I see as a time where the air came in my tire. Then I was good to go. I will need to be maintenanced by the Lord regularly, but I am here, at my appointment, living the calling the Lord gave me. Going steady and straight, with balanced filled tires. God being my steering wheel.

The irony of resemblance between a flat tire and my life...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»