Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Hope Kwisera

Remember my blog about Tatiana, the woman of faith who was robbed of everything... but God?

Tatiana gave birth to a bautiful baby girl about 10 days ago. yes girl! The docters had the gender and due date wrong, but here she is.

When I met Tatiana about two months back, she had no hope, no future, no life. She refers to the stage I found her in as her animal stage. She wanted to die as she was desperate and overwhelmed with he poverty she found herself in. She used to live a middle class life style as the result of her succesful boutique. She was robbed off all she had by her husband to be, leaving her with no option but to find a shack to live in with no income. All she had was herself and God. She prayed every day for a change in her situation, but abandoned by friends and family she had lost convidence. Yet she trusted God would act on her behalf.

The day I walked into her small room, she saw answered prayer. She has prayed for me daily since then, she said today. And there has not been a day Tatiana has not been in my mind.

She cried today as she went through the boxes and bags of clothing for her and the baby and lots of food. Over and over she said; God be praised.... I am speech less... She thanks all the people who have prayed and send items with her in mind. It blessed her so much!

Someone has offered funds for her to be employed by us. With that a lasting answer has come for her provision. She was overjoyed with the news of a job and kept hugging me saying; Now I will be strong again.


KWISERA, Hope.
Tatiana made me speechless today as she told me somthing today that is hard to fathom. She said; this child is yours. I give it to you. Where ever you want to sent her she shall go and whatever you want to do with her I agree. You have been a mother to me, so now this child is yours...
You need to know that these are not just nice words, this is now a responsability I have. The expectation is that I care for Hope as if she would be mine. Wow...
Tatiana has asked me to name her baby. I had prayed and thought about a name and Tatiana's testimony said it all: Hope. Kwisera means Trust, it is the name she gave, and Kwisera will be the last name. Hope will be my contribution. I guess I became mother again today. What an opportunity. What a ministry.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What peace seems to be on Hope as she sleeps. As I look at the picture of this sweet little one, I pray for her Mother to have the same peace all through the days and nights!

Thanks for sharing Astrid. I know this blog is a lot to keep up on, but I check it every day to see how I can pray and also to remind me to pray even more for you, your family and Rwanda! I am so proud to be your friend, you are a hero in the Kingdom of God.
Love Michelle Corbin

Eric & Kyla Sliger said...

Us too...check the blog all the time...HUGE Blessing! Haven and I were just reading Tatianas story two nights ago. It is so exciting to see God's power, for it is not by ours! He truly loves her! What faith she has! And now a beautiful baby too. We pray many divine blessings and relationships for her (and you too), ones that will further the kingdom! Haven and I will be praying for your friend and the baby as they grow.

Anonymous said...

Kippenvel... na het lezen van dit verhaal... Wat een mooi kindje is Hope! In gedachten en gebed zijn we bij jullie, liefs van ons 4

Anonymous said...

Hi,

So nice that you gave her the name we discussed about. It's a beautiful baby girl. Congratulations and be blessed.

Erin Taylor said...

Tears came to my eyes as I saw how beautiful this little one is, and the work God is doing in Tatiana's life. God is so faithful! Thank you for sharing. You guys are in my prayers daily!

Anonymous said...

geweldig
(een vijfde dochter...)
wat een prachtig kind!