Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Christmas in June



Christmas is the only correct word that discribes the feeling that came over me when I opened the suitcase filled with gifts for my family. Toys for Nani and Zoey, Cloths for Jasmin and Yaida, clothing and shoes for Travis, an Ipod station, choclate chips, raisins, just to many things to mention. Grateful for all the many gifts my personal highlight was a simple item; a pair of jeans... When coming to Rwanda I was pregnant with Jasmin so along came the maternity cloths. My hormones at the time must have made me believe that pregnancy lasts a lifetime as I brought only one pair of "normal" pants, these pants have made history as my life saver.

Now almost five months after I gave birth to Jasmin I embrace these jeans as if it were a long lost friend. How amazing the impact of a simple pair of jeans...
As teams arrive and bring more and more gifts and suprises I feel overwhelmed that complete strangers use their resources to bless us this way. God bless them for their generousity!

Christmas in June...
I remember how I would tell Nani and Zoey as they would drule over their many Christmas presents in the States, how Christmas is about Christ, the celebration of His coming, His resurrection and leaving us so the Comforter who leads us into all thruth could come as a deposit of what is to come. Hmmm, of what is to come...
My Christmas in June experience seems to get a different meaning. ...Of what is to come... No not in the sense of more jeans, more gifts, but of the Lords provision. Knowing He knows, he knows my families needs both spiritual and practical. Christmas in June is a sign to me of my God watching over me and my family, and winking "I love you my servant, my child."



No comments: