Tuesday, October 09, 2007

You Gotta Love it!

Some things become so common until you bring someone with you into this common thing who is not used to it and reminds you of how it goes where you are from! This happened to me last week as I took my friends Ruben and Christine to a local market. Mind you, this is a very nice and clean one, actually much nocer than the one I go to for clothing shopping. Have a peak at the market and great items you can get here. A considerably clean butcher has been at work.

Flour.Clothing and African material section
One of the many seamstresses awaiting a job Souveria's or cooking pots, any size you need!
And even if you need to buy bulk... Welcome to the Kimironko market. The place I enjoy hanging out. Great Kinyarwandan practice grounds and perfect people watching entertainment. I love the place! But I guess Christine is right, it is a bit much to have to negotiate about even a bag of flour!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi, This is great work that you are doing and I am happy to see the children well. I now these children very well - I spent 3 months in Rwanda from march to june volunteering at Rwaza orphanage and I have much to tell you about it - this is information you need to know. I would appreciate it if you would email me so we can communicate (222070@soas.ac.uk). keep up the good work.

-Poorti