Friday, April 06, 2007

Forever 29


Can you believe it, I am still 29... It's ok I don't believe it either.
It was my birthday a few days back and a very special one. We took Nani and Zoey and went for a delicious breakfast to a 5 star hotel in Kigali. The girls fell from one amazement to another, starting after driving into the parking lot. Wow they have a fountain and it works! The one yelled. Wow and they have cool lights outside the other noticed. When we went in I felt highly embarrassed. Both Nani and Zoey stopped in the center of the lobby just in pure delighted amazement of the beauty of the place. Look at all that tile, so shiny... Wow and they have real furniture Zoey said will jumping in a very beautiful lether chair... And a real piano, Nani noticed. When we entered the restaurant it was all ooh and aah... Both girls sat down real proper with the napkin in their laps and straight backs. Yes they wanted coffee please when asked what to drink. When they saw coco puff cereal, cheeses and BACON, they just could not control themselves. They were jumping with excitement!
After a wonderful breakfast we took the girls to the new coffee place in the city. Again this created many oohs and aahs. I looked at Zoey and noticed her standing in the middle of the room. Her foot slowly slipped out of her flip flop and unto the floor, her toes started to wiggle. With twinkles in her eyes she said; Naan, feel this!" while bumping her big sister with her elbow. Both of them were standing there, in the middle of the store without shoes enjoying carpet...
This was such a fun time, what a great birthday! Thanks Trav for saying it was mandatory for us to celebrate this day! I love you.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday As!!
En wat een prachtige dochters heb je!!!

Anonymous said...

vorige bericht: van Juudje Boeve

The Haines Family said...

Sounds like a happy birthday, Astrid! Wishing you many blessings! In God's Love, Pam

Anonymous said...

Die opwinding kan ik me goed voorstellen: ik vond het ook luxe toen wij er in november waren. En dan de keuze en de overvloed...
Wat zullen jullie genoten hebben!
Leuk die foto's en wat staat die kleur je goed, As.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday my friend. I am glad the girls were there to share this 29th! birthday with you! 29 again next year
Love and prayers Michelle

Fencemender said...

What an amazing birthday present - to know that your children are so easily pleased! Happy birthday, indeed.

BTW - I'll be 55 this month - and I'm not talking about a speed limit ;>P

Anonymous said...

Ok, als jij 29 bent dan ben ik nog 28... Ik ga ervoor!!!
Wat een mooie meiden hebben jullie, zeg. En Jasmin is zij nou net als Nani toen ze klein was?
Ik zit nu bijna een uur van alles te lezen en veel foto's te bekijken. Heerlijk even zo up to date komen.

Anonymous said...

Nice to know that you had a great birthday. You are on my heart everyday! May God give you an incredible year of blessing and favor.

Love and miss you,
Becky

Eric & Kyla Sliger said...

You look great momma!! 23 again?
What vibrant colors; I love this page! Happy Birthday...if I were there I'd load you up with lots of nummy coffe to drink....and come over for a cup too!

Blessings to you my freind! Hugs to the faimly.

Kendra said...

Happy Birthday! (late...sorry!)
Seriously, I know I said it a million times before...but your girls remind me of my sister and I SO much.... we had such similar experiences in Mozambique when we were living there! It makes me smile when I read about Nani and Zoe and picture my sis and I doing the same things.... its all so cute! I'm glad you all had such a great time for your birthday!
Hope you're all doing really well!
Luv you all!
Kenya